How to stay safe & support Uptown Shelby businesses
COVID-19 Updates: This information will be updated on an on-going basis, as the situation continues to change rapidly.
Dear friends of Uptown Shelby,
The safety of the residents, workers, and visitors in Uptown Shelby is of the utmost importance to us here at the Uptown Shelby Association. We want you to know that we are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus), and we will inform our community of relevant changes. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and make sure the people of our community remain healthy.
During this time of major adjustments in every day life, we encourage you to remember our many small businesses in uptown and throughout our community, and to continue supporting them even without visiting them physically. Please see below for a list of online shopping, curbside pick-up, closures, cancellations, special offers, and PSAs.
Uptown Shelby businesses are taking extra steps to ensure the safety of their staff and customers. Follow guidance from the Stay at Home order and from NC DHHS regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if and when leaving your home, including maintaining a 6’ distance, not shaking hands, washing hands frequently, and staying home if you feel unwell.
There are still things you can do to support our local businesses without going inside:
- Shop online or via phone. Several uptown businesses have online shopping available (see below), and many of our shops will be able help you get what you need via phone or other methods, if necessary.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later. Many of our shops, restaurants, salons, and other service providers offer this option!
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- Leave reviews for your favorite small businesses on Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor, and/or Yelp.
- Buy digital products, subscriptions, or memberships.
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- Share this information so others know how to help, too.
First and foremost, prioritize all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on collaboration, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the local economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Uptown Shelby Association
Updated 4/3/2020 at 2:41 pm
Note: businesses with an * are Chamber members -- purchases from those businesses are eligible for participation in the Cleveland County Chamber's #CCChamberToGo contest. To participate, post a photo of your purchase, tag the Cleveland County Chamber on Facebook, and use the hashtag #CCChamberToGo. People who tag the Chamber on Facebook and use the #CCChamberToGo will be entered into a drawing for a gift card of their choice to any of the Chamber restaurant, food, or beverage members. They will be giving away a total of 10 $25 gift cards over the next couple weeks.
Shop remotely – if you don’t see your favorite small business below we encourage you to call them and ask about making a purchase over the phone!
- Morgan Chandler Boutique https://morganchandlerboutique.com/
- Uptown Olive Oil & More http://uptownolive.com/
- Lily Bean Coffee* https://www.mkt.com/lilybeans-coffee
- Miss Molly’s Boutique https://www.shopmissmollys.com/ - free local delivery!
- Earl Scruggs Center https://www.facebook.com/the.earl.scruggs.center/shop/?ref=page_internal
- Peace Avenuehttps://peaceave.com/ - free local delivery!
Curbside pick-up – other businesses may be willing to do the same if you ask
- Restaurants -- Click here to download our map of restaurants and reserved pick-up zones! Please note: in Executive Order 118, Gov. Cooper ordered all bars & restaurants to close dine-in services to customers, effective 5 pm on Tuesday, March 17, so only takeout and curbside service are available. Some restaurants may offer delivery; please call to confirm.
- Izzi Que Barbeque: hours 5 - 9 pm. Limited menu. Last order at 8:30 pm, picked up by 9 pm. (704) 419-2340. See Facebook page for specials.
- J-Bird's Deli & Ales: Hours Tues-Fri 11 am - 7 pm. Sat 11 am - 4 pm. Take-out and bread by the loaf for purchase, as well as meat & cheese by the pound. (704) 406-9641. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Jimmy John's: (704) 419-2695. Menu.
- Lafayette Street Grill & Pub: (704) 419-2291. Online ordering available at this link. See Facebook page for specials.
- Lily Bean Coffee & Creamery*: take-out orders only. Hours Monday - Friday 7 am to 5 pm, Saturday - Sunday 8 am to 5 pm
- Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant*: Hours: 11 am - 8 pm. take-out/curbside service available. 704-482-5155. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Newgrass Brewing Company*: Hours Tues-Sun, 12 - 7 pm. Four-packs, bottles, and the full kitchen menu are available for pickup. If ordering for a business or group, contact for possible delivery. Primary: 704-937-1280; secondary: 704-477-8401. Local pork, eggs, and cheese also available for purchase. See Facebook page for specials.
- Ni Fen Bistro*: take-out/curbside service available 5 - 9:30 pm. (704) 481-8882. See Facebook page for specials.
- Pfeiffer Cafe & Confections*: (704) 481-7285. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Pleasant City Wood Fired Grille*: take-out/curbside service available. 704-487-0016. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Shelby Cafe*: offering a limited menu - please call for details. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 6 pm, Saturday & Sunday 8 am - 2 pm. (704) 487-8461
- Toscanos Bistro*: take-out/curbside service available until 9 pm. (980) 404-0896. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Morgan Chandler Boutique: 980-552-9238
- RollOver Pets: 704-406-9251
Temporary Closures – we recommend confirming hours with any business as this could change
- All non-essential businesses are closed by order of Gov. Cooper (3/27)
- El Acapulco Mexican Restaurant
- PowerUp Nutrition Club
- Uptown Olive Oil & More
- Uptown Sweets & Treats
- Uptown Yoga Loft - offering online yoga and meditation classes
- All Seasons Acupuncture & Harmony Bodyworks - offering complimentary/by donation herbal consultations and corrective exercises over the phone
- Earl Scruggs Center
- Totally Free Clothes Store
- Swing Yoga at Uptown Studio
- Glitter & Grace Boutique
- WorkShop Vintage Market
- Miss Molly's Boutique
- Foothills Farmers Market opening at the City Pavilion - postponed
- Earl Scruggs Center events until further notice
- Don Gibson Theatre concerts through 4/17
- Cleveland County Chamber’s Shelby State of the Community breakfast
- Shining in Shelby Airstream gathering - will be rescheduled
Business changes - the situation is evolving quickly so we recommend calling businesses to confirm hours & offerings
Greenbrook Design: Now offering Virtual design meetings: https://www.greenbrookdesign.com/virtual-design-consult/. The retail showroom is temporarily closed, but with over 5000 sq ft and practicing 6 ft distancing, a one-on-one design meeting is available if client needs to see products or meet with a designer. Only one client in the showroom at a time, it would need to be a scheduled appointment.
- Bicycles - Hours 10 am - 4 pm. Offering private shopping by appointment, shopping over the phone + curbside pick-up, free pick-up and delivery in Shelby city area, limited walk-ins (one person at a time), shop online at trekbikes.com. 704-406-9833.
- Dragonfly Wine Market* - open 10 am - 7 pm (retail only)
- Uptown Studio: offering zumba classes online.
- Morgan Chandler Boutique: Special hours - please call to confirm. Online gift cards now available & more items now available online. https://morganchandlerboutique.com/products/gift-card
- Shana Hartman Coaching & Massage has special online offerings, including ways to relax & get support virtually (details here).
- Horn, Pack, Brown & Dow is offering and encouraging phone consults
- Dressing on the Side is taking orders for casserole sale.
- Vita Eye Clinic is offering a special for receipts from other Uptown businesses.
- Freeman Chiropractic is offering a deal on a membership club.
- Little Bit Studio is not offering open studio until further notice
- All Seasons Acupuncture: launching telehealth program through a new platform, JaneApp, where you can schedule your virtual consultation with Autum Kirgan for Chinese Herbal Medicine, custom essential oil formulas, dietary therapy, and corrective exercises for pain management. Consultations are $30 or by donation for our CIP patients (plus the cost of herbs, supplements, and EO formulas.) Call 980-404-9477 with questions.
Important non-Uptown PSA:
Cleveland County School Nutrition Services is offering free meals to children 2-18 while schools are closed