How to stay safe & support Uptown Shelby businesses
COVID-19 Updates: this information will be updated on an on-going basis, as the situation continues to change.
Update: We are so thankful for your support of our small businesses — with your help, they have a much better shot at getting through this. Unfortunately, it’s not over yet. Your impact is real. By doing whatever you can to support small businesses - financially or by spreading the word - you will help sustain them during this challenging season.
Please see below for a list of local promotions, online shopping, curbside pick-up, closures, and other business changes!
The safety of the residents, workers, and visitors in Uptown Shelby is of the utmost importance to us. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and make sure the people of our community remain healthy.
Uptown Shelby businesses are taking extra steps to ensure the safety of their staff and customers. Follow guidance from the Governor's Stay at Home order and NC DHHS regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette, including maintaining a 6’ distance, not shaking hands, washing hands frequently, and staying home if you feel unwell.
First and foremost, prioritize all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on collaboration, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the local economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
Uptown Shelby Association
Updated June 4, 2020 at 8:31 am
Business re-opening updates
Restaurants & food businesses may be open at no more than 50% capacity indoors. Bars are still closed by order of Governor Cooper (EO 141).
- El Acapulco Mexican Restaurant - open. Menu. (704) 481-8686.
- Izzi Que Barbeque - open. Menu (new menu coming soon.) (704) 419-2340. See Facebook page for specials.
- J-Bird's Deli & Ales - open. (704) 406-9641. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Jimmy John's - open. (704) 419-2695. Menu.
- Lafayette Street Grill & Pub - open. (704) 419-2291. Online ordering available at this link. See Facebook page for specials.
- LilyBean Coffee & Creamery - open. (704) 466-2400. Shop and order digitally through their app (search Lily Bean Coffee in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store). Tony's Ice Cream available by the half gallon for order - must contact them directly by 3 pm on Tuesday. Ice cream will be delivered to LilyBean on Wednesday by lunch time for you to pick up.
- Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant - open. 704-482-5155. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Newgrass Brewing Co - open. 704-937-1280. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Ni Fen - take-out only, 5 - 9:30 pm. (704) 481-8882. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Pfeiffer Cafe & Confections - open for take-out only; outdoor dining is available for their customers who would like to eat outside. (704) 481-7285. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- Phyllis Sweet Shop - open
- Pleasant City Wood Fired Grille - open. 704-487-0016. Menu. See Facebook page for specials.
- PowerUp Nutrition - open. (704) 473-1183.
- Shelby Cafe - re-opening July 13 at 7 am. (704) 487-8461. Order online athttps://shelby-cafe.com/.
- Sweet House Bakery - open. (704) 616-4017. See Facebook page for daily offerings.
- The Lafayette Barroom & Social Club - closed.
- Toscanos Bistro - open. (980) 404-0896. Menu. See Facebook page for specials. Order online at https://direct.chownow.com/order/20291/locations/29242.
- Uptown Sweets & Treats - open. (980) 404-0167.
Shopping - if you don’t see an online shopping option listed for your favorite small business below we encourage you to call or message them to ask about making a purchase over the phone!
- A. Griffin Pottery - open
- Arnold's Jewelry - open
- Boost Bike Shop - open
- Buffalo Creek Gallery - open limited hours
- Celebrity Consignment Boutique - open: moving sale July 1 - 15
- Cleveland County Arts Council - open with limited hours
- Dollar & Beauty - open
- Dragonfly Wine Market - open for retail
- Foothills Farmers Markets - open Wednesdays & Saturdays from 8 am - 12 pm with additional safety protocols in place
- Future Energy - open
- Glitter & Grace Boutique - open. Shop online at https://www.glitterandgracenc.com/
- Holly's Flowers - open
- J&D Furniture - TBA
- Lee Sewing & Vacuum - open
- Mike's Flowers & Gifts - TBA
- Miss Molly's Boutique - open. Shop online at https://www.shopmissmollys.com/
- Morgan Chandler Boutique - open. Shop online at https://morganchandlerboutique.com/
- Peace Avenue - open limited hours. Shop online at https://peaceave.com/
- RollOver Pets - curbside pick-up & delivery only - please call ahead with order 704-406-9251 or order online.
- Shelby Farm & Garden - open
- Shelby Music Center - closed
- Shelby Pawn & Coin - TBA
- Sister's Closet Consignment Shop - open
- The Imperial Comics & Games - open
- Uptown Olive Oil & More - open. Shop online at http://uptownolive.com/
- Victoria-Stephen Specialty Gifts - open
- WorkShop Vintage Market - open
- Yipee Ki Yay - TBA
- Young's Beauty & Fashion - open
- A kNEEDed Therapeutic Touch - open
- All Seasons Acupuncture - open
- Balanced BodyWorks Massage - open
- Cantrell & Melton Barber Shop - open
- Encore Cuts & Styles - open
- Glow Salon - open
- Hair on the Square - open
- Halcyon Salon - open. Shop online at https://www.vagaro.com/halcyonsalon/products
- Hats Off Salon and Spa - open
- Lotus Lounge - open
- One Source Salon - open
- Revive Spa & Salt Cave - open
- Synergy Wellness - both Shana Hartman Coaching & Massage and Freeman Family Chiropractic are open
- T'Adore Hair Salon - open
- TT Nails - TBA
- Uptown Girls Salon - open
- Vibe Hair Lounge - open
- Academy of Performing Arts - offering summer camps
- CrossFit Shelby - offering at-home workout suggestions & outdoor workouts for members
- Don Gibson Theatre - subject to indoor gathering limits. Schedule updates available at http://www.dongibsontheater.com/
- Earl Scruggs Center - closed to visitors but offering free online resources: educational videos and oral histories. Shop online at https://www.facebook.com/the.earl.scruggs.center/shop/?ref=page_internal.
- Jones Ultimate Karate - closed
- Little Bit Studio - offering open studio and summer camps
- Tammy Arrowood's Stars of Tomorrow - offering summer camps
- Uptown Studio - offering donation-based zumba & Mixxxed Fit classes online.
- Uptown Yoga Loft - offering online yoga and meditation classes
Offices & Other Businesses - the situation continues to evolve so we recommend calling to confirm hours & offerings
- Dressing on the Side is taking orders for a casserole sale.
- Greenbrook Design: Offering Virtual design meetings: https://www.greenbrookdesign.com/virtual-design-consult/. The retail showroom is open.
Earl Scruggs Center events until further notice
Don Gibson Theatre concerts until further notice
Cleveland County Chamber’s Shelby State of the Community breakfast - will be rescheduled
Shelby Alive summer concert series - canceled
Welcome to Uptown Shelby, the heart of our community
Uptown Shelby’s tree-lined streets invite locals and visitors alike to a variety of independent businesses and top-notch attractions.
Hear the music & stories of the American South at the Earl Scruggs Center, taste local produce at the Foothills Farmers’ Market, see a national act at the Don Gibson Theatre, discover local artists at the Cleveland County Arts Council and explore our quirky, fun local businesses. Between live music, great shopping, gallery shows, delicious food, and special events, there is always something fun to do in Uptown.
Come enjoy the great combination of ambiance and options that make Uptown Shelby exciting!
Explore our website for more information about the destinations, businesses, and events in Uptown Shelby. Explore Uptown with this map that shows parking as well as shopping, dining, attractions, art, and more.
Click here to read about Uptown Shelby's growth over the last 10 years, and how our charming district is poised for continued success in the years ahead.
Parking in Uptown Shelby
Thanks for your interest in visiting Uptown Shelby! Free on-street public parking is available throughout the district, and public parking lots provide additional free parking options. We have also designated overflow parking lots for use during construction. Click here for a PDF map of Uptown Shelby that shows parking as well as shopping, dining, attractions, and more.
Bike racks are available at the following locations:
Lily Coffee & Creamery - 108 E. Warren St
Newgrass Brewing Company - 213 S. Lafayette St
City Pavilion - 126 W. Marion St
Alley behind Hats Off Salon - near the intersection of Warren + Lafayette St and accessible from W. Arey St.